Investing in a holiday home is a big step, yet in the long run, it is preferable to renting hotel rooms or resorts, which might provide a nice relaxing holiday, but will leave you with mere memories. If you are thinking about a holiday home purchase, here are some of the facilities you should be looking for in a typical holiday home environment.
- Local Cuisine – The perfect holiday home complex would contain more than a few great eateries that reflect the local cuisine, plus an opportunity for an international menu. If you visited the integrated resort in Laguna, Phuket, you would find a long list of world-class restaurants waiting to serve you some of their most well-known dishes.
- Spa & Leisure Centre – When relaxing on holiday, you do want some physical pampering nearby, and Thailand is the perfect location for massage and health spas. Daily workouts are essential, even when on holiday, and with an indoor state of the art fitness centre, you can keep in shape no matter the weather. Wellness clinics are often found close to (or inside) of a holiday resort, so you should not have any difficulty locating a place to be physically pampered.
- Tour Company – There should be at least a desk where you can talk to a local tour organiser, who can arrange visits to local attractions. They would normally discount their prices for holiday home residents and with their local contacts, they can even arrange unusual tours.
- Swimming Pools – Some holiday home resorts actually have a large communal pool that comes right up to the front of your property, and at the very least there should be one indoor and one outdoor pool for you to use at any time.
- Close to the Beach – The closer, the better, most people would say, and if you love walking along a beach, look for a holiday home that is conveniently located.
- Comprehensive Property Management – One of the main reasons why people buy holiday homes within communities is that the property management company is always at hand, which is more than a little comforting when you are thousands of miles away. The property management company do many things, aside from maintaining the building, as they can market your holiday home to be rented out when not in use, which generates an income for the owners.
- Top Rated Security – Your holiday home should be inside a gated community with round the clock manned security, a service that most such complexes provide. Every person wishing to enter must show ID, which ensures that your home is safe from thieves.
When you are looking at potential holiday homes, make sure that all of the above are on the menu, which will allow you to relax in style and have the security to protect the property when you are away. Your second home is a good long-term investment and with the right help, you can generate a good income.